Guest post from Bay Area Startup Directory portfolio company NiceMeeting.
NiceMeeting has introduced the concept of Second Screen Technology for Live Events, elevating attendee experience far beyond simple access to content on mobile devices, and enabling real-time event engagement and personalized experiences.
The mobile revolution has impacted all areas of our lives and has drastically changed our behaviors. You’re probably not counting when you do it, but the average smartphone user checks their phone 140 times per day, or once every 6.6 minutes, and some 85% of Americans use their mobile devices while watching television. This latter trend is the progenitor of concepts such as “second screen” and “second screen engagement,” two bandwagons that television and video game creators, as well as forward-thinking brand marketers, have jumped on. Where previous attempts at interactive television have fallen flat, second screen allows otherwise passive viewers to engage with the content and create a personalized experience, communicating with, around and about the content in emerging social networks, something very much in line with the habits of Millenials in general.
So it’s no surprise that we see the same trends in the live event production market. It’s common for attendees at live events to continue interacting with their personal mobile devices during the presentation, and forward-thinking planners are searching for effective ways to use those devices to maintain and enhance audience engagement.
Just like a second screen for television shows, NiceMeeting Second Screen for Live Events puts the participant in the driver’s seat, enabling an active event experience, customization and control.
Having spent many hours analyzing the potential for mobile communications at live events, NiceMeeting is proudly introducing the concept of Second Screen Technology for Live Events which elevates the attendee experience far beyond simple access to content on mobile devices, and creates real-time event engagement and personalized experiences.
Just like a second screen for television shows, NiceMeeting Second Screen for Live Events puts the participant in the driver’s seat, enabling an active event experience, customization and control. And on the other side of the screen, NiceMeeting second screen event technology provides the event planner with the most efficient way to gather the most complete and real-time data about audience attitudes towards the event and particular speakers and presentations.
What are the main elements of NiceMeeting’s second screen engagement technology? There are five:
- First, the capability to access and interact with the presentations and other content right on personal mobile device screens. NiceMeeting empowers the participant, allowing him or her to watch a live presentation on their personal screen in real-time, and in a personal review mode, and to switch between the two with just one click, eliminating distraction.
- Second, participants can pose questions to the presenter in real time, without leaving the presentation screen, fostering an environment of live, real-time interaction, for every participant.
- The third element is the ability for participants to take digital notes on the very same personal screen, to create customized and annotated “take-homes” available for immediate download, during, or after, the event. This is a highly effective way to capture and retain knowledge.
- Real time chat is the fourth element, analogous to social networking around television second screen participation. But it folds-in an important business event networking component as well.
- Finally, second screen technology for live events includes seamless live, real time, audience polling, integrated into the presentation process, easy to use for both presenter and the audience.
All of this is layered on top of basic functionality that one might expect from legacy event applications, such as event schedules, access to speaker biographies and complementary event information. It’s all there with NiceMeeting.
And the icing on the cake – what really makes the difference, and what makes NiceMeeting stand apart from the rest – is that all of these capabilities are easily accessible to every event participant – even those in the back row – through a single, intuitive interface. On the device they already have. So take that second screen back – the one your attendees bring to every event, to check e-mail back at corporate or to check the news, or stock quotes – take it back and put it at the forefront of your live event!